Monday, March 29, 2010

triathlon training log week 4 - 3/22 - 3/28

Monday 3/22 - Rest
Much needed.

Tuesday 3/23 - Swim 50/4x50/50, Run 9/4/1 20 mins
Swim was, well, it was.  In the furtherance of a theme, seeing gains in running and biking, less so in swimming.  I'm having a hard time imagining myself swimming the whole distance freestyle without rests.  Plugging along though.

Feel good on the run.

Wednesday 3/24 - Bike 30 mins
Low motivation day.  Really don't feel like doing anything.  Workout time speaks for itself.  Also, as I don't have pedals yet, I put on Jennifer's old cages.  I haven't ridden clips in 14 years.  HOW DO PEOPLE USE THESE THINGS?

Thursday 3/25 - Swim 50/8x25/50, Walk 30 mins
Blast myself swimming tonight.  Think I swam an extra 200.  Interesting note: I suck with a kickboard.

Walking doesn't seem like enough so I throw in a few short running intervals.

Friday 3/26 - Rest 


Saturday 3/27 - Run 9/3/1 40 mins
Longest run yet.  Beginning was challenging, then hit my groove in the middle.  Last two intervals were tough.

Sunday 3/28 - Bike 10/40/10
Good ride despite annoying child (not mine) in the basement asking me how I'm pretending to do in the race and that I'm too loud.  Inform said child that I don't care what she thinks.

Gonna get my ass kicked next week.

No comments: