Thursday, April 08, 2010

triathlon training log week 5 - 3/29 - 4/4

Monday 3/29 - Rest
Much needed.  This has the potential to be a long week.

Tuesday 3/30 - Run 9/5/1 20 mins
Goes better than anticipated.  Actually pretty good.

Wednesday 3/31 - Swim 50/4x50/50
render :partial 'swimming_coming_along_but_not_where_i_want_to_be_yet'.  In related news, back on a Rails kick.  One serious upside,  this week is spring break which means the pool is empty.  New bike shoes arrive today - hooray!!  No more crappy cages.

Thursday 4/1 - Brick - Bike 30mins, Run 2/3/1, 10 min walk
Not nearly as bad as I thought.  Do my time on the trainer and then because Jennifer is at work and I have Lauren, do my run around acorn island.  Feel slightly silly but you do what you have to.

Friday 4/2 - Swim 50/6x50/50
The usual swimming suckitude.  Decide to punish myself by doing workout then tacking on more until I hit 1000.  Pretty tired.

Saturday 4/3 - Run 9/41 40 mins
Manage to fit my run in after a very busy day.  Feel pretty good.

Sunday 4/4 - Bike 12 miles
First outside ride on the new sled.  Woot!! Wanted to get this done with Jennifer but things didn't work out.  Another busy day but manage to get my ride in at the end of the day.  Road bike feel way different than my mountain bike.  Also getting used to riding on the shoulder of the road.  Once I got my act together though, wicked fun.  So nimble and quick to accelerate.  Felt really good so I added a couple of extra miles.  Ride went really well but had the thought in the closing miles (as I was starting to notice some slight fatigue) that the point of all this will have me getting off the bike and then running.  Not an appetizing thought at this stage.

No comments: