Monday, April 12, 2010

triathlon training log week 6 - 4/5 - 4/11

Monday 4/5 - Rest 


Tuesday 4/6  - Run 9/6/1 30 mins
Really don't feel like running as I feel like ass.  Complete run but not having much fun.  Pro tip:  Pee before you leave the house so it's not on your mind the whole time you're running.

Wednesday 4/7 - Swim 50/12x25/50
In some ways, feeling better about swimming after today.  Still can't hammer all the laps in sequence but I can complete the whole distance with short (10 sec) rests and alternating strokes.  Still a decent amount of training time before me but my takeaway from tonight is hammering on the swimming a bit more.

Thursday 4/8 - Brick - Bike 45 mins - Run 2/3/1
Excited to ride today so instead of just a 30 minute spin I decided to go for a ride up the parkway and back down through some neighborhoods and West Ox Road.  I had the option of turning on Rugby back home but was feeling good so continued down West Ox.  Not such a hot idea.  I was trying to beat an incoming thunderstorm and while I did get home on the bike before the deluge - I ended up running in an absolute downpour.  Kinda fun in its own way.

Friday 4/9 - Swim 50/6x50/50
Took the day off for "Dads and Donuts" at Lauren's school so I went to the pool in the morning.  Packed.  Don't these people have jobs?  Not mentally there for swimming.  Did the required workout plus another 200 or so.  The donut I had later destroyed whatever caloric gains I made swimming.

Saturday 4/10 - Run 9/5/1 40 mins
Feel like ass and really don't feel like running today but go anyway.  End up actually feeling OK all things considered - though I screwed up my turnaround point and ended up walking more than I meant to.

Sunday 4/11 - Bike 20 miles
Very excited to get out today as we got Jennifer's mom to watch Lauren so the two of us could go out together.  It was our first time together on the new rides.   Headed up the parkway and then west on the WO&D out to Sterling Blvd.  Ended up just a bit above 20 miles round trip and somewhere in the neighborhood of 2 hours.  Felt really good though I think my cleats need some adjusting.  Pretty tired by the end of the day.

No comments: