Sunday, March 14, 2010

triathlon training log week 2 - 3/8 - 3/14

Monday 3/8 - Rest
Should be nothing to write here except for losing an auction on ebay for a gently used but well-upgraded Trek 1.5.  Am pissy for most of the afternoon.

Tuesday 3/9 - Swim 50/2x50/50, Run 9/2/1, 15 mins
Slightly demoralizing swim.  For reasons I cannot even begin to guess at, I expected my second swim to go better than the first.  Very tiring and I don't feel like I'm kicking enough so much as dragging my body through the water with my arms.  My climbing self says this is not good.  Perhaps my climbing self doesn't know shit about swimming.  Probably need to find a swim coach if only for a few pointers.

Run goes really well though.  Second 2 mins sort of tough though.

Wednesday 3/10 - Bike 10/40/10
Felt really good on this ride.  Holding higher gears during my intervals at a higher cadence.

Thursday 3/11 - Swim 50/4x25/50
May have had a breakthrough.  Actually enjoyed swimming today.  Focused on "sweeping" with my arms and did an extra 100.  Still having issues with how much/when to kick and breathing. Still don't seem to have the gas to link laps though.

Friday 3/12 - Rest


Saturday 3/13 - Bike 10/40/10
Due to crappy time management skill this afternoon, I didn't get on the bike until 8PM.  Really put down the hammer though.  Solid cadence again at high gears.  Am really looking forward to getting outside though.

On a related note, currently being tortured by a brand new 2009 Trek 2.3 on ebay.  Currently going for $1260 (including shipping) for a bike that typically retails for $1700.  May be too good a deal to pass up.

Sunday 3/14 - Run 9/2/1, 20 mins
Surprisingly, don't feel like total ass.  Running seems to be coming around.  Even put in an extra minute.

1 comment:

booze said...

not that I'm remotely an expert in swimming; tri: two lower body disciplines and a single upper body one. Pull, pull, pull. Wear that upper body out. Swim like ben climbs.