Monday, March 22, 2010

triathlon training log week 3 - 3/15 - 3/21

Monday 3/15 - Rest
Pulled the trigger on the Trek.  Psyched but also feeling a little guilty.

Tuesday 3/16 - Swim 50/2x50/50, Run 9/3/1, 20 mins
Guide I've been using strongly suggested that I not miss a workout for the first two weeks just to get it to be a habit.  Seemed daunting at the time.  Realized this morning that I've done exactly that with little effort.  Am actually looking forward to tonight's workout.  WHAT HAVE I BECOME?!?

Finally happened - no open lanes for swimming tonight.  Well, technically there were lanes with only two swimmers but I really don't feel like I'm competent enough to do the whole circular thing.  I really don't need to get in anybody's way - much less get lapped within 25m.  Sat for a bit waiting for a lane to open up and then decided to go running. Three minute intervals weren't nearly as bad as I thought they would be.  May actually be...not enjoying running so much as tolerating it to a greater degree.  Swimming was also marginally better than last week and I put in an extra 100.  May have pulled my ass slightly.  Will advise.

Wednesday 3/17 - Ride 10/40/10
Tasted rueben throughout .  Solid effort - especially with Patapsco set for Saturday.  Also found the new hotness is scheduled to arrive on Friday.  No pedals or shoes but it should at least be nice to look at.

Also, ass seems fine.  Thank you for your concern.

Thursday 3/18 - Swim 50/8x25/50, Walk 30 mins
Pretty good swim actually - coming closer to linking laps but still awfully tiring.  I'm seeing steady improvement in my running but swimming seems to be coming along much more slowly.  Not demoralizing but not exactly encouraging either.  On the other hand still more than 2 weeks of swimming days to go.

Walking didn't seem like enough so I did some 1/1 and 2/1 to keep things more active.

Friday 3/19 - Rest 
The new hotness arrives.  Very exciting.
 The Flobots may not need handlebars but I still need pedals


Saturday 3/20 - Race Day
No, not that one thank god.  Though I was about as well-prepared.  Got my ass kicked at the Sugar Hill XC race.

Sunday 3/21 - Run 9/3/1, 30 mins
Really don't feel like running today in general, much less as today's scheduled run obviously does not take yesterday's hammering into account. Struggling with the additional 10 minutes - plus the fact that I decided to run uphill for most of my time.  Second half did go better than expected though.

On a related note (i.e., triathlon), went to The Bike Lane with Jennifer to get her clipless pedals and the cutest shoes you've ever seen.

No comments: