Monday, May 10, 2010

triathlon training log week 9 - 4/26 - 5/2

Monday 4/26 - Rest
After yesterday's abysmal effort - probably in the best interest of all.

Tuesday 4/27 - Swim 50/8x50/50, Run 9/8/30 30 mins
Pool is full up so I ran first.  Solid effort - felt good and pleasantly surprised at the distance I covered.  This was the first time I paid attention to distance (heretofore I've only run for time and even when on a track didn't pay attention to laps).  Swim goes really well as I did my double 250 for time workout plus another 250-300 untimed.

Wednesday 4/28 - Bike 15 miles
Week 9, 46 workouts.  Finally missed one due to work.  The real pisser is this is one of my "fun" workouts.  Pissed.

Thursday 4/29 - Swim
I could write down what the plan says but I've sort of given up on that.  Content to alternate freestyle and breast-stroke for 2-3 250m intervals with some laps (number TBD by intervals) I've completed.

Friday 4/30 - Rest


Saturday 5/1 - Run 9/8/1
Pwned again.  Just pwned.  Running at the hottest part of the day did me no favors whatsoever.

Sunday 5/2 - Bike 25 miles
Late day/early evening ride with Jennifer was a lot of fun (though she was pooped due to two soccer games this weekend).  One not so great moment at our turnaround point when she told me to just start cranking to beat a storm coming in and I didn't exactly rocket out of the gate like she thought.  Me not moving + her clipped in with nowhere to go means a rider down.  Hint: it wasn't me. I felt really bad for her - she got pretty banged up.



No comments: