Monday, May 10, 2010

triathlon training log week 10 - 5/3 - 5/9

Monday 5/3 - Rest


Tuesday 5/4 - Swim, Run 9/8/15 30 mins
Swim starts very slowly.  Finally got into my groove and did my 2x250 plus a few hundred after that.  Really wish I could string more freestyle laps together but it just isn't going to happen.  I wonder if I had been as religious about time/distance for swimming early as I was for running if I would be in a different place now.  Probably not.  I don't remember those early workouts as being remotely easy.  Run goes really well.  I haven't been using an iPod for my runs as it didn't seem "realistic" - which is to say that I wasn't going to get that music groove in the race.  What. A. Stupid. Idea.  Running would probably have sucked an order of magnitude less.  I got so into this run I forgot to set the time on my final interval and didn't even notice.

Wednesday 5/5 - Bike 15 miles
Got home from work late and pissed - cranked this out in an hour which is good time with winds and traffic stops.

Thursday 5/6 - Swim
Shared the lane with a guy who was training for an Olympic length in the Fall.  I hope I never looked that bad swimming but probably did.  Possibly still do.  Though, pretty impressive.  I'm afraid of a sprint (with a short swim at that) and this guy is tackling a "real" one.

Friday 5/7 - Rest


Saturday 5/8 - Run 9/8/1 60 mins
It's about time one of these long format runs goes well.  A couple of +1 min breaks and I started to fade a bit toward the end but definitely an effort I was proud of.

Sunday 5/9 - Bike 22 miles
Jennifer was kind enough to take Lauren so I could get a ride in on Mother's Day. EXTREMELY windy.  Rode North, West, East and South.  Wind was in my face the whole time - and it's not because I'm that fast.

No comments: