Sunday, August 28, 2005

the calm before the storm - part the first

T-minus 31 hours. Or thereabouts.

In an effort to have the home in something approaching order before the chaos that is to come, I have been instructed to organize the basement. To be fair, it is mostly - in point of fact nearly entirely - my stuff. I have endured with good humor the jibes re: organizing my stuff as opposed to our stuff but it is largely true. While there are items that belong to us, it is stunning even to me, the original purchaser, the sheer volume of items. All of them useful to be sure, but good lord. A peek at the highlight reel:
  • An embarassing number of skis (all of them mine) for someone who lives in Virginia. Different types, different purposes but... nevermind. There's no justifying it.
  • All manner of climbing gear. Truth be told, far too much for someone of my middling talent.
  • Geek stuff that may or may not revolve around a now dormant interest in flight simulators.
  • Far too many scraps of kitchen flooring that might (although I can't imagine how) be used again
You get the idea.

Some of this stuff does actually get used - I've got pictures and everything. And I'm looking forward to using it all again, but I've got some stuff to do.

No comments: